I would like to start a page dedicated to interesting recipes I have either already made or would like to try.
All the foods/ information/ recipes posted here will be meat free and healthy :)
Mini Breakfast Quiches
- six eggs
- 1/4 cup of skim milk (or soy/rice/almond milk)
- Diced veggies – as desired
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine eggs, milk and salt/pepper (+ spices) in a large bowl
- Fill muffin tin with liners and fill each with veggies
4. Pour the egg mixture into the cups, filling them up about 3/4 of the way to the top.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes
*Makes 12 mini quiches!
- 1 1/2 avocado
- Stevia to taste
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
In food processor or blender, combine all ingredients and blend or process until smooth. Serve chilled.
Chocolate Mousse made with avocado – how cool is that!?
- 3 large over-ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vanilla soymilk (or apple sauce)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) agave nectar
- 2 cups (240 g) white whole wheat flour (or regular whole wheat flour)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (240 ml) blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray or wipe a 9×5-inch loaf pan with oil (I used a silicon loaf pan).
- Mix the soymilk with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and let stand until it curdles. (If using apple sauce, skip this step and add the lemon juice to the bananas.)
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas and add the remaining lemon juice, soymilk, and agave nectar. Stir well to combine. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, and stir just until the mixture is well-combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan and bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50-60 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
Serving size: 1/12 of a recipe (3 ounces). Calories: 145, Fat: .61g, Sodium: 210mg, Total Carbohydrates: 34g, Fiber: 4.19, Sugar: 15.23, Protein: 3.34.
Strawberries and Cream Quinoa
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- dash of cinnamon
- two or three generous spoonful’s of Greek yogurt
- three or four strawberries, sliced
- drizzle of honey or agave
- Cook Quinoa in water for approx.. 15 min.
- Add cinnamon to cooked quinoa in a 1 portion sized bowl
- Add yogurt on top
- Add strawberries
Almond Butter Protein Bars
- 2C oatmeal
- 1/2C sliced almonds
- 1/4C flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp wheat germ (optional)
- 5 scoops whey protein powder (chocolate or vanilla)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4C almond butter
- 1/4-1/2C water
- Combine the oatmeal, almonds, ground flaxseeds, wheat germ (if using), protein powder and cocoa in a large bowl
- Mix together the almond butter and water in a separate bowl until blended.
- Combine the almond butter mixture with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place saran wrap in the bottom of an approximately 8-inch square pan, making sure there is enough saran to wrap over the top.
- Place the mixture in the pan and press flat with the overhanging saran.
- Put the pan in the freezer for 1 hour (or more) and then store in the refrigerator. For easy cutting, put some oil on a knife before cutting into bars.